"Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."-my favorite quote from Easy A, and such a true one at that.
I'd have to say that the best 80's movies that I've seen are as follows (in no particular order)
- 16 candles
- Dirty Dancing (obvi)
- Pretty in Pink
- Top Gun
- Footloose (can't wait to see the new one!)
- The Lost Boys
- girls just wanna have fun!
- jack & diane (i love mellencamp)
- mickey! (literally the best music video ever)
- safety dance!
- tainted love (who doesn't love that song?)
hahahah i love these!